The Toronto & York Region Labour Council shares how we can all take immediate action to stop Premier Doug Ford’s ruthless attack on Toronto.
URGENT! HELP STOP FORD’S RUTHLESS ATTACK ON TORONTO. TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION!
Never in Canadian history has a politician tried to highjack democracy by changing rules in the middle of an election. If the Conservatives get away with this, there will be no restraints on other attacks on workers’ rights, pensions, labour law, public services, education….
If you don’t want Ontario’s government to mirror Donald Trump’s behaviour, the time to act is NOW!
The next few days are crucial! YOU CAN…
- Go to www.progresstoronto.ca/stopford to sign the petition
- Come to Queen’s Park visitors galleries at 10:30 am on Monday July 30 when legislation is introduced
- Or come to City Hall at 2 pm Monday July 30 as Council debates what legal action to take
- Contact your MPP – let them know you disagree with what is going on – go to www.ola.org/en/members/current
- Contact your City Councillor and demand they vote to defend Toronto and speak against Ford’s move www.toronto.ca/city-government/council/members-of-council
- Follow @torontolabour, @progresstoronto and www.facebook.com/LabourCouncil to keep up with breaking news and actions
The people of Toronto saw nothing but chaos when the Fords ran City Hall, or when the Conservative ran the province last time. Cancelled transit lines, boarded up housing and crumbling schools are the legacy of that experience. We cannot afford four more years of chaos in Toronto or Ontario.
This is important – speak out & protect your Toronto!