Sisters and Brothers,
We received more unfortunate news today that a TTC Subway collector from the Danforth Division has tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). I spoke with him this evening and he’s recovering at home. Like with the five other members dealing with the virus, we wish him a full recovery and we’ll provide any needed support.
Here is what we know as of March 31 at 9:30 p.m.:
- TTC Subway fare collector from Danforth Division.
- He last worked on Thursday, March 19 and hasn’t been back to work since.
- On March 19, he closed Jane Station at 2:20 a.m. and wore a face mask on the TTC Bloor night bus coming back to Greenwood.
- He was tested on Monday, March 30 and received the positive diagnosis on the evening of Tuesday, March 31.
- At this time, it’s unknown how he contracted the coronavirus – no recent travel or known contact with anyone who has travelled.
As with other confirmed cases, ATU Local 113 is working with the TTC and Toronto Public Health to determine next steps to protect your health.
As you’ve heard before, please stay home if you feel unwell. ATU Local 113 is here to support you. Please contact your shop steward or board member if you have any questions about this case, or concerns about workplace health and safety.
President, ATU Local 113