Essential workers — like nurses, doctors and sanitation staff — rely on transit to get to work.
But the TTC and other public transit systems across Canada are facing service cuts and layoffs. Right now we need more service, not less, to allow for safe physical distancing on transit!
Join ATU Local 113 and other transit advocates for a day of action on May 28th to demand emergency public transit funding from elected officials!
Here’s how to participate in the day of action:
1) Save the date for May 28th or RSVP on Facebook
2) Spread the word!
- Get your local community and organization on board!
- Download the promotional graphics and share on social media with the hashtag #keeptransitmoving
3) On May 28th, share why public transit matters to you
- Download graphics from our toolkit and share on social media.
- Take a selfie and explain why transit is important for you. Use the hashtag #keeptransitmoving and tag your elected representatives on social media.
- Make phone calls to PM Trudeau and your local MP and provincial representatives (more info will be posted on Facebook on May 28)
- Sign the petition: www.keeptransitmoving.ca/take-action