Sisters and Brothers,
ATU Local 113 President Carlos Santos and the Executive Board would like to offer their utmost thanks for all the hard work that our negotiating team have put into arbitration over the holidays. We also want to thank all the dedicated board members that were involved, as well as the stewards, witnesses, and of course our legal counsel for their input and efforts to help secure our success in negotiations.
The week of December 21, we received an Interest Arbitration Award of 2% annual wage increases each year. The arbitrator rejected the TTC’s argument that the impact of COVID-19 means TTC has an “inability to pay” for normal wage and benefit increases.
The award, which expires in July 31, 2021 along with the CBA, also provides improvements such as:
- Vacations as set out herein may be taken at such times, in such numbers and under such conditions as set out within the various regulations which may be amended from time to time by the parties hereto. The TTC agrees to post the various vacation regulations in their respective work locations four weeks in advance of every vacation selection.
- Floaters may be granted in emergency situations, subject to operational needs.
- Benefits from the Kaplan Award / Blue Book, including:
- Chiropractic, Physiotherapy and Massage – $2,000 with no co-payment
- Psychological – increase by $500 with no co-payment
- Vision – increase by $50
- Shingles Vaccine
- Smoking Cessation — five lifetime prescriptions
- An increase of $125 for long term disability February 1 and a further $125 on July 1.
- Job postings internally to the CSC Group before posting
Once again, ATU Local 113 offers everyone involved our immense thanks and gratitude.
President, ATU Local 113