TTC riders emerged as a response to the tens of thousands of transit users who said that they want better transit in Toronto.
Their campaigns are clever and fun, such as the TTC Sardines Award presented to Ontario Minister of Transportation Glen Murray.
Their goal is to build a TTC that works with and for transit riders. Our Vision for a public transit system is based on the following guiding principles:
– Fair and affordable fares
– Building modern, fast transit into all corners of the city as fast as possible
– Making public transit fully accessible transit
– Frequent service that connects all our neighbourhoods
– Environmental sustainability
– Respect for front line TTC workers
– Respect for fellow TTCriders
Their power depends upon the support of riders and their allies. If you share their vision then become a member of TTCriders.
ATU Local 113 supports TTCriders and congratulates them for their activism in support of a critical need for Toronto’s economic, social and environmental future.