With random drug and alcohol testing part of Fitness for Duty, your ATU Local 113 Executive Board will keep you informed on all key developments. In the event you are selected for testing (as part of standard protocol, with reasonable cause or post incident), you are authorized to ask questions. Here is a list of questions you can ask.
1. Will there be a second sample of my oral fluid available for testing by an
2. How can I obtain the second sample of my oral fluid so that I can have it tested
by an independent lab?
3. How will the integrity of my oral fluid sample be protected?
4. How do I obtain the results of my drug and or alcohol test?
5. How do I obtain the specific levels or readings of my drug and or alcohol test?
6. How long will it take for a drug test collector to get here?
7. What training and or certification has the drug test collector received?
8. Am I allowed to eat, drink, or smoke between now and any drug or alcohol test?
9. Who will have access to my drug and or alcohol test results?
10. What lab will the testing be performed at?
11. What training, certification, or accreditation has the lab which will perform the
12. How long will it take to receive the results of the drug and or alcohol tests?
13. What will happen to me until the drug and or alcohol test results are received?
14. Will I receive the pay I would have received if I was working between now and
when the drug and or alcohol test results are received?
15. Can I attend a doctor of my own choosing to have the drug and or alcohol testing
16. What will the consequence be of a failed test?
17. What are the consequences if I choose not to be tested?
18. What steps will be taken to prevent the potential for a false positive test result?
19. (If reasonable cause) What specifically is the reasonable cause on which this test
20. (If reasonable cause) Is the reasonable cause for the test related to impairment
by drugs, alcohol, or both?
21. (If post incident) How did you decide that human causes could not be ruled out in
the causation of the incident?
22. (If post incident) How did you decide that my actions or omissions could have
been a contributing factor to the incident?
23. (If post incident) How did you decide that a "significant incident" occurred?
24. Does the manufacturer of this test or your lab recommend its use to determine
25. Does the manufacturer of this test or your lab warrant that this test is effective
and accurate and determining impairment.”